Remembrance

Preliminary Task - The Anti-Climax

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Script

Below, is the final draft of our script; which takes place between the protagonist and his mother, over the phone. We will only be able to hear his side of the conversation, therefore we didn't write out a script for the mother.

[phone rings]

Killer:
[picks up the phone]
Hello...? Oh hi mum, yeah I'm fine.

The camera pans across the window-sill to show the blacked out photograph of his battalion, and a war medallion.

It then cuts to the killer again, tracking him as he heads towards the kitchen

I just saw it now; [ironically] it's awful how they keep finding more bodies...

[Pauses in wait for his mother's response]

I'm not a soldier anymore mum...[shows slight sign of distress] I left that behind years ago.

[Assertively; almost resentfully] Look, I'll be fine; if there's one thing I learnt out there, it was how to look after myself

[Turns to look at the drawer]

I'm just on my way out, can I call you back later?

Okay, take care, bye mum.

As he puts the phone down, he moves towards the drawer. On opening it, we see a close up of several poppies and a knife inside. He places the knife in his back pocket, picks up a poppy, and leaves the house.

No comments: